To post a job ad or for sponsorship, contact Vincent Granville at vincentg@MLTechniques.com. Job ads must offer the possibility of remote work, and include the contact information of the hiring manager: LinkedIn profile (preferred), or email address. Job ads from recruiters, HR people, or requiring the applicant to fill a web form prior to contacting the hiring manager, are not accepted. The position must be related to machine learning, data science, or related fields. Job ads not requiring a resume, but focusing instead on the applicant’s portfolio (GitHub and so on) are especially welcome.
Several hiring managers who checked which applicants were rejected by their HR system, found out that all the best candidates — the ones they wanted to interview — were in that category. Many highly qualified applicants are reporting the same issue. In addition, talent sourcing that does not involve a third party helps save money (commission fees) to the hiring company. Positions listed here avoid these problems, helping both applicants and hiring managers.
From our Partners
Fireside chat on Synthetic Data with Dr. Vincent Granville
In this video, Vincent talks about how synthetic data can be leveraged across various industries to enhance predictions and test blackbox systems leading to more fairness and transparency in AI. Topics covered include: how to create high quality synthetic data and measure its quality, overview of current techniques, case study (the Kaggle insurance dataset) and applications to computer vision, time series, financial data, natural language processing, and tabular data. View the video here.
Synthetic Data and Generative AI, with Applications
New book, published in December 2022. Original material with Python code. Leverage the off-the-beaten-path technical material learned in the book to outperform other applicants in data science job interviews, or be more efficient in your job. Authored by Vincent Granville and easy to navigate, the book is illustrated with efficient algorithms, numerous figures, videos, and exercises with solutions. Source code, data sets, and spreadsheets are available on GitHub. Buy your copy here. This textbook is used as teaching material in Vincent’s upcoming course with the same title, here.
LinkedIn job posts by hiring managers
- TikTok, data scientists (different levels). Posted here on January 30, 2023 by Xin Zou, Data Science Manager.
- Heidelberg AI Health, Germany, 14 scientists positions. Posted here on January 24, 2023 by Santhosh Parampottupadam, Research Scientist.
- Lemay.ai, Canada, data science consultant. Posted here on January 5, 2023 by Daniel Shapiro, CTO and co-founder.
- Meta, PhD intern (AI). Posted here on January 5, 2023 by Anna Yu, Research Scientist.
- Tencent AI Lab, NLP research intern. Posted here on December 18, 2022, by Don Yu, Distinguished Scientist.
- Dataiku, several data science positions. Posted here on December 15, 2022, by Ben Taylor, Chief AI Strategist.
- Educational Testing Services, director AI engineering. Posted here on December 9, 2022, by Narmeen Makhani, Head of Technology – AI labs.
- Epsilon, machine learning engineer. Posted here on December 8, 2022, by Ming Wand, Director of Data Science.
- IDEXX, data engineers and data scientists (computer vision). Posted on December 7, 2022, by Cliona Molony, Chief Data Officer.
- Lightcast, remote, ML engineer/MLOps. Posted here on December 2, 2022, by Jeff Hoffman, Data Science Manager.
- Meta, research scientists interns. Posted here on December 1, 2022, by Shugao Ma, Research Science Manager.
- COLSA, Alabama, senior data scientist (defense and space — DOD clearance required). Posted here on December 1, 2022, by Jason Sebastian, Director, Data Science and AI.
- Qualtrics, Seattle, junior ML engineer. Posted here on November 30, by Aaron Colak, Machine Learning Leader.
- Neo Financial, data analytics technical lead (banking), Calgary. Posted here on November 28, by Fahad Zaidi, Data and Analytics Leader.
- USPS, data analytics director. Posted here on November 23, 2022, by Anastasiya Osborne, Senior Data Scientist.
- Apple, junior positions. Posted here on November 19, 2022, by Igor Avramovic, Engineering manager.
- Home Depot, analytics and data science roles. Posted here on November 17, 2022, by Kishen Jayanti, Marketing Analytics Leader.
- JP Morgan Chase, New York, AI applied associate (3 jobs). Posted here on November 17, 2022, by Yungkwon Kim, AI/Machine Learning Lead
- Etsy, New York, graduate intern. Posted here on November 16, 2022 by Julie Beckley, Data Science and Engineering Manager.
- MGM Resorts, senior data scientists. Posted here on November 14, 2022 by Sohel Khan, VP of Data Science.
- GitHub, several openings for machine learning researchers. Posted here on November 11, 2022 by Oege De MoorView, VP of GitHub Next.
- Yahoo, ML engineers and PhD scientists. Posted here on November 11, 2022 by Chris L, Research Director.
- Petco, data scientist, remote. Posted here on November 11, 2022 by Mona Birjandi, Principal Economist and Data Scientist.
- American Express, data scientist. Posted here on November 11, 2022 by Xinyi Daisy,Data Scientist.
- Descript, research and engineering roles, San Francisco. Posted here on November 10, 2022 by Sushobhan GhoshView, AI Research Scientist.
- Shield.ai, Los Angeles, senior data scientist and machine learning roles. Posted here on November 10, 2022 by Miguel Campo-Rembado, Head of Scene Understanding.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, California, looking for scientists/engineers. Posted here on November 10, 2022 by Shekib Jami, Neuroscientist, Electrophysiologist & Engineer.
- WholeFoods, hiring principal data scientists. Posted here on November 10, 2022 by Yingying XuView, Economist and Principal Data Scientist.
- Bloom Value Corporation (startup) looking for data scientists and engineers. Posted here on November 10, 2022 by Arun Hampapur, Founder and CEO.
- RBC Wealth Management, data scientist, Toronto. Posted here on November 10, 2022 by Lawrence Jordan, Senior Director of AI / Applied Analytics.
- Apple, multiple positions. Posted here on November 9, 2022 by Rajiv Krishnamurthy, Head of Data Science and ML engineering.
- Google, multiple positions. Posted here on November 9, 2022 by Khalifeh Al Jadda, Director of Data Science.
- TikTok, Bay Area, software engineers/algorithms. Posted here on November 9, 2022 by Xing Mei, Engineering Lead.
MLTechniques.com, 100% remote. Posted October 6, 2022. This position has been filled.
Exciting project: develop and deploy a machine Learning web app in Python. Hiring manager: Vincent Granville, Ph.D. Founder, Executive Machine Learning Scientist.
Use your software engineering talent and expertise to develop a web app based on Python, end-to-end: creating the application on a server, and designing an HTML page with a web form calling the app. The first app will be very simple: the idea is to design a proof of concept, with substantial flexibility in the tools that you can use. You will be requested to offer advice about which platforms or web services to use (Azure, AWS EC2, Google Cloud and so on) based on the scope of this project. Python knowledge is required, but most importantly this is software engineering more so than machine learning. The app may use graphical Python libraries such as Matplotlib, Pillow, OpenCV, Moviepy, or Plotly.
Currently, it is advertised as part-time: ideal for software engineers interested in making extra money while working a full-time job, or for students with a computer science background or expertise, interested in gaining a first work experience. You may interact with the hiring manager in English or French.
To apply, email the hiring manager at vincentg@MLTechniques.com, with subject line “Application: Web API in Python”. Explain how you are qualified for this project. If possible, share a link to one or two of your live web apps. The selected candidate will be prominently featured and acknowledged in our upcoming Python book and on the web app, after successful completion of the project. This is a paid opportunity, and a great way to build your portfolio. The company is located in the Seattle area, and very well self-funded.